Raspberry Coconut Slice - makes 12
Adapted from the BBC Good Food website
Prep: 25 mins Cook: 25 mins + cooling time
100g butter or dairy-free margarine
100g plain flour
100g white caster sugar
85g desiccated coconut
3 large egg yolks
4-5 tblsp Matthew's Preserves Raspberry Jam
3 large egg whites
75g caster sugar
50g desiccated coconut
- Heat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan/ gas 4. Grease a 20 x 23xm tin with butter and line base and sides with baking paper or use a silicon baking tin.
- Put flour, sugar and coconut into a bowl, mix together and rub the butter in to make coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the egg yolks to make a dough.
- Press into tin evenly and spread jam over base, keeping the jam about 1cm away from the edge.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, gradually adding the sugar. Fold in the coconut, then spoon over the jam.
- Bake for 25 mins until golden. Leave to cool and cut into slices.